Fantastic Stories of Imagination Vol. 1 - Science Fiction Pulps Magazines Collection on DVD Disc or USB Stick
- FANTASTIC with Famous Fantastic Mysteries - Fantastic Novels - Fantastic Adventures - Fantastic Universe - Fantastic Story
The 137 magazines in this fantastic collection include..
- Fantastic - This famous fantasy and science fiction magazine was founded by Ziff-Davis as a companion to Amazing Stories and was published from 1952 to 1980. If featured works by notable authors of the genre including Shirley Jackson, B. Travern, Truman Capote, Evelyn Waugh, Mickey Spillane, Roger Zelazny, Ursula K. Le Guin and many more. There are 21 issues of this classic title here for you to enjoy.
- Famous Fantastic Mysteries - This popular fantasy fiction magazine, published by the Frank A. Munsey Company, ran from 1939 to 1953 and offered reprints of science fiction and fantasy classics from earlier decades. There are 20 thrilling issues in this collection. Famous Fantastic Mysteries also spawned Fantastic Novels which featured reprints of book-length works that enthusiasts were eager to read once more - 7 issues of this page-turning title are included.
- Fantastic Adventures - Initially edited by Ray Palmer, who was also editing Amazing Stories at the time, this Ziff-Davis published title was the precursor to Fantastic and ran from 1939 to 1953. Notable writers included Edgar Rice Burroughs, William P. McGivern, David Wright O'Brien, Rog Phillips, Robert Bloch, August Derleth, Ray Bradbury amongst many others. The initial goal for Fantastic Adventures was to create a magazine which published fantasy fiction but was the literary equal of other quality picture story magazines of the time. To quote the slogan on the cover it aimed to be "The Best in Science Fiction". An incredible 62 fascinating issues of this classic title are included in this collection.
- Fantastic Universe - As part of the explosion of science fiction magazine publishing in the 1950's in the United States, Fantastic Universe ran from 1953 to 1960. The main editors during this period were Leo Margulies and Hans Stefan Santesson and it became known for printing much UFO-related material. Contributors included Arthur C. Clarke, Philip K. Dick, Ivan T. Sanderson, Lester del Ray, Isaac Asimov and C.M. Kornbluth. There are 16 editions of this vintage title included for your enjoyment.
- Fantastic Story - This science fiction pulp magazine from 1950-1955 merged pulp reprints with new stories and was published on a quarterly schedule by Best Books, an imprint of Standard Magazines. Each issue featured a lead novel or novella and short stories. It featured many notable and famous writers of the genre as well as cover illustrators including Jack Coggins, Ed Emshwiller, Alex Schomburg and Earl K. Bergey. This unique collection includes 11 complete issues.
Here's just some of the customer comments received so far for this collection..
- Each super-high quality PDF can be viewed directly and easily on your PC or MAC or portable device such as iPAD or KINDLE. For further information visit our 'how it works' page.
- All magazines correctly ordered and dated and organised into folders
- All titles are unique and without repeats.